Return to Forum Index
FAQsFAQs  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   SearchSearch   GroupsGroups   ASCA Web siteASCA

Wow, great support

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ascamidtn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Wow, great support

My initial post was viewed 48 times but no one offered any advice or support. That's a little disheartening especially since this forum is all about "Starting a new ASCA group presents interesting challenges. This forum is a place to share ideas and ask others for advice."

So, does anyone have any ideas? My first post again:

I am ready to start a group in Tennessee, however I am completely overwhelmed by the facilitator information. I have literally studied the information for over a week.

How do you decide which facilitators format to follow? At first I thought I'd use the most recent one, but there are so many formats on the website.

I downloaded everything from the site and arranged it in a book, but there appears to be so much of it, in duplicate and triplicate....

How do you decide what format to follow and which forms to use?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
TShay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject:

This is my first day on the forum and my first post. I really hadn't planned to post anything for a while. But I want to urge you to go forward with your plan to start a group. There are people out there who NEED this. I just found out there is a group near me that meets every other Saturday and I am looking forward to the possibility of help. I hope you find the assistance you are looking for so that you can go forward with your plans. Maybe this forum isn't the place to look. Maybe you could search for asca groups that meet and get some contact numbers so that you can talk to people who are running these meetings and get some real support.

I am sorry that I am no help either, I just wanted to show some support to you for trying to help others. I hope you find what you need but even if you don't end up starting a group it is great for you to have even considered it. Good Luck!!!
johndt41

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: tn meeting

We can help you start your meeting. You cicn't leave an e-mail address but you can contact us at www.ascasupport.org by using the contact us link. We can talk about the format and also arrange for telephone training. John
Gretchen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject:

Hello ascamidtn,

First thank you for considering to start a ASCA meeting in your area, it is such a valuable resource that is in short supply. Have confidence in your ability to listen and empathize with fellow survivors. People come to support groups because they want to feel heard, have a connection with like minded people as they work through their internal issues. This is a peer led group we are all in the same boat sharing our experiences with each other.

I realize I am late in responding to your post and I do apologize for that, are you still considering beginning a meeting? Do you still have questions?

When you say there are so many formats on the website what are you referring to? Are you referring to the different types of meetings (A) open, (B) step and (C) topic meetings? Please clarify what you would like assistance with.

Best regards,
Gretchen
Jump to: 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Return to Forum Index -> Group Starters Page 1 of 1  All times are GMT