Return to Forum Index
FAQsFAQs  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   SearchSearch   GroupsGroups   ASCA Web siteASCA

Survivor of Sexual Abuse by Mother and Grandmother

View previous topic :: View next topic  
k32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Survivor of Sexual Abuse by Mother and Grandmother

I am a 32 yo female survivor of sexual and emotional abuse by my mother, maternal grandmother, and great-grandmother. The abuse I suffered lasted about 8 years (3-11 yo). While the actual acts were horrible and cause flashbacks, disassociation and PTSD, it is the general and pervasive aura of confusion and un-reality that has scarred me the most. The strangeness of my childhood and the bizarre behavior of these women has made it hard for me to accept that 1) it was indeed sexual abuse and 2) all of the other emotional trauma they put me through was not normal. In addition to the sexual abuse, my mother and grandmother have severe mental illness (psychotic, schizophrenic, alcohol abuse), and my grandmother and great grandmother were sadists (animal torture, torture videos). Much of the abuse occurred in front of other family members or with their complicit knowledge. No one was ever prosecuted, but they are unable to hurt anyone else.

I guess I am writing to let people know that female sexual abuse is real and is not funny or benign. These women belong in jail as criminals. Also, there is a way to come out from underneath all of the pain and fear and to experience peace and happiness as an adult. As adult survivors of abuse, we have an even more pressing duty to say something when we think a child is in danger. Abuse doesn't have to occur, we should be on the lookout for it and believe the children who ask for help.
DianaJoy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject:

What a strong post! Thank you for sharing :)
Hummingbird

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Wow, k32, that is a very powerful story you have in your background. This is a good place to share, if you feel inclined to do so. It's always so hard to imagine females as abusers sometimes because I think the general assumption is that women don't abuse because they're supposed to be the nuturing ones. The more you hear, the more untrue that assumption becomes. I hope that you find relief from your terrifying past.
twreck2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks

Thanks for sharing. Other will be strengthened by your sharing.
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jump to: 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Return to Forum Index -> Group Starters Page 1 of 1  All times are GMT