Return to Forum Index
FAQsFAQs  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   SearchSearch   GroupsGroups   ASCA Web siteASCA

group start

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladybug

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: group start

Is anyone interested in starting a group in Indiana?
TryingtoHelp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject:

I would be. More for my sister than for myself. Hopefully if I go and things are cool, I could convince her to come out as well. Are you thinking the Indianapolis area, or somewhere else?
geegee23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject:

anyone want to start a meeting in or around charlotte/winston nc area send me a message.
DianaJoy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject:

Below I'm put a copy and paste of the info from a different thread - it has a lot of good resources for starting a meeting. Just so you know, there is a meeting in Raleigh, NC - hllp*://ascaraleighnc.*.con/

All support meeting literature is free
Starting an ASCA group is an attainable goal and a rewarding experience. You can do it! All the support materials you need to start and maintain an ASCA self-help support group can be downloaded for free from our website: hllp*://ascasupport.org/meetings.php

You can also purchase or download for free our primary workbook, the Survivor to Thriver manual: hllp*://ascasupport.org/manual.php

You can even observe how an actual meeting works with this PowerPoint presentation:
hllp*://ascasupport.org/_powerpointFiles/ASCAMeetingTour.ppt

ASCA Meeting Audio File
Listen to this audio example of an ASCA meeting (re-enactment)
Note: File will open in your browser's default audio application.
It may take a few moments to begin streaming depending on your browser and default audio application.
ASCA Meeting Audio Example mp3: hllp*://ascasupport.org/_audio/ascaMeetingExample.mp3

Get Full Access
To gain full access to all of our support materials for free, click here and create a username and password for yourself:
hllp*://ascasupport.org/information.php?type=meetings

You will then have access to a 30 page guidebook titled "Tips for Starting a Community Based ASCA Group", a cofacilitator training manual, a detailed script for facilitating an ASCA meeting, and a whole lot more!

A Very High-Quality Program by Any Standards
The Morris Center, in collaboration with a team of respected therapists and community volunteers, designed and implemented our first ASCA meetings in the San Francisco Bay Area. Over the years, we have continued to update and evolve the program in conjunction with solid research, testing, and participant feedback.

You can do it!
The ASCA program has been employed for over a decade by a number of groups in cities throughout the world. You really can do this!

We're Here to Help
If you have any questions, need more information, or just want some moral support, please contact us. We would love to hear from you!

Wishing you all success,
Outreach Team
The Morris Center for healing from child abuse
hllp*://www.ascasupport.org
info@ascasupport.org
or use our webmail form: hllp*://ascasupport.org/_forms/webMailForm.html
(415) 937-1854
Jump to: 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Return to Forum Index -> Group Starters Page 1 of 1  All times are GMT