Return to Forum Index
FAQsFAQs  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   SearchSearch   GroupsGroups   ASCA Web siteASCA

can we do virtual group onlnine weekly?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
julieyesofblue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: can we do virtual group onlnine weekly?

hi--i am in maryland, and everyone here works long hours and is very busy and drives miles down the road to work near dc. is there a way i could facilitate a virtual group, online, through ASCA? it might be helpful for allowing more groups to start in more states and for underserved, rural areas. let me know what you think. i am a survivor and a therapist, but i just need a group of people who are in recovery to work with and take off my professional hat. julieyesofblue[/b]
DianaJoy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject:

It would really be a matter of someone creating the format to run a meeting online, whether that be via a forum thread, a chat room, or some other sort of thing. I'm not personally familiar with online meeting options, although I'm sure there are plenty out there.
Bo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Virtual group online

I think creating a virtual group online would be a wonderful idea. Possibly using Skype?
I would be happy to discuss the idea with you, please fill free to give me a call at your convenience.

Bo
415-830-2191
DianaJoy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject:

With the time difference, I'm not sure there's a good time to get on the line - do you want to message me off the board about this?
aikanae

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Chat Rooms

Several years ago I was in an online group that used a chat room (at Yahoo, I think) and it was a good group. The biggest problem was privacy from people just "dropping in" to say hi and still allowing people who were supposed to be there access. Every week some people couldn't get in when the password hadn't changed and there were still the occasional trolls that had no clue what group they had entered. Things have probably improved since then.
Time to Heal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject:

Any chance of a group starting in Hawaii? If not a online chat group would be great via skype or something.
DianaJoy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm happy to co-facilitate some sort of online or phone meeting, if someone can get the logistics set up. There are services for conference calling that are free, although each person would have to pay their usual long distance call charges.

Of, if someone has a reasonable secure chat to use, that could possibly work. Anyone up for setting something up?
aikanae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: just do it

I think it's going to take someone just to "do it". I did look up some sources for setting up online (web-based) chat groups.

*.con nominated Yahoo Chat as their preferred choice. A lot of people already have Yahoo accounts. hllp*://help.*.con/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/ownmod/chat/;_ylt=ApykBNzYh.QU4Akek_SSTrC_lyR4

eHow offered several articles hllp*://www.*.con/how_6876356_set-up-private-chat-room.html

Some other chat room sources;
hllp*://www.*.con/webtools/chat/
hllp*://www.*.con/
hllp*://www.*.con/rooms/
hllp*://chatshack.net/register.asp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm game for an on-line meeting.
ladybug

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I would like an online meeting. Has anyone tried setting this up or is one available?
DianaJoy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject:

There isn't one currently organized, LadyBug, although there's interest. I'd like to find a co-facilitator, and get a bit more familiar with the technology before I try to organize one myself. I'd be thrilled if someone else got it going, though :)
ladybug

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Is anyone starting a group in Indiana?
twreck2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Virtual group is possible

I have a website dedicated to community healing that has 2 chatrooms that are set up for such meetings. Contact me for more info.

Blessings,
Train Wreck
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jump to: 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Return to Forum Index -> Group Starters Page 1 of 1  All times are GMT