Return to Forum Index
FAQsFAQs  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   SearchSearch   GroupsGroups   ASCA Web siteASCA

Progress...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Return to Forum Index -> Stage 3 - Healing (Steps 15-21)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject: Progress...

I thought I'd spend a little time tonight checking in and giving an update. I guess I'm in stage three now of my recovery. A few weeks ago I was in therapy and I wasn't dwelling on the past. I wasn't talking about the abuse, the confusion, etc. I was asking how I figure out what's next.

a week or two later it was my birthday (which was really special) and i found out through my sister that my mother had been trying to figure out how to get in touch with me. It shook me up for a short period - I spent maybe half a day bothered by the whole thing - but then it was gone. Just didn't bother me the way it always had in the past. (that was more confusing than anything - even brought it up in therapy. my therapist said that my ability to cope had kicked in. that I was able to decide to be happy and productive instead of being mired down in depression, frustration, etc.)

So here I am. I'm not perfect by any means. I still have some of my compulsive behaviors that are not positive coping mechanisms to deal with. There's a few things I can't seem to shake. They shift from one focus to another, so it's a moving target. That's making it hard to deal with. But I am working on it.

That said, I'm still in stage three. I'm in stage three! Hooray!
Jump to: 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Return to Forum Index -> Stage 3 - Healing (Steps 15-21) Page 1 of 1  All times are GMT