Return to Forum Index
FAQsFAQs  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   SearchSearch   GroupsGroups   ASCA Web siteASCA

My child was abused by his father. Help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Return to Forum Index -> Friends and Family of Survivors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrbuffkin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: My child was abused by his father. Help please

My sons father broke his right femur when he was 7 weeks old. After the hospital conducted a full body X-ray they discovered my son had two other fractures from when my son was 2 weeks old. I was very confused that i had taken my son to the doctor at 2 weeks old because he was very fussy and the doctors said he had colic. My sons father was arrested and my son was put in foster care. I did get my custody back because DSS cleared me of all charges and said he was safe in my care. The trial for my sons father was yesterday and he agreed to plea guilty but I had to help decide a sentence. After some back and forth decisions and with the help of the solisiter we all decided on 10 years. He plead guilty to child abuse great injury and will have to serve 85 % which is 8 and a half years. Yesterday I felt that he deserved more but today I feel bad! I feel like I just put someone behind bars for a long time. I know he done this himself and that he deserves to pay for his actions. Is this normal?
DianaJoy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I think it's perfectly normal to have very confused emotions in this situation! Is there a therapist or counselor available to you? That could be a huge help.
Jump to: 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Return to Forum Index -> Friends and Family of Survivors Page 1 of 1  All times are GMT